Friday, January 15, 2010

Why do I have better grip after clipping my finger nails?

Does anyone else experience this? Why does this happen? Like right after I clip my finger nails, if I run my fingers down a smooth surface like glass or something it just feels like a better grip or better friction. I'm not really sure how to explain it.Why do I have better grip after clipping my finger nails?
Nails can really get in the way if you're not used to having them long. You have to grip things differently when your nails are short vs long to accommodate and stop your nails from clicking random surfaces, and when you make a change and start having to grip the alternative way, you're more aware of it because your hands aren't used to performing the action.Why do I have better grip after clipping my finger nails?
When you have long nails, they get in the way of your finger tips. So when your nails are clipped, your fingers have a larger surface area, causing you to have a better grip on things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment