Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I need to grow my finger nails! Help., How can I stop biting them?

I am really sporty, but have really really short finger nails! I just want a nice lenth but been trying to stop biting them for years, how do I stop and incorrage growth?I need to grow my finger nails! Help., How can I stop biting them?
rub garlic on them. it helps strengthen nails %26amp; will most likely make you stop chewing on them cause then your breath will be humming of garlic, unless you love eating raw garlic. lolI need to grow my finger nails! Help., How can I stop biting them?
You see, I HAD the same problem. There is a liquid like polish but it has a nasty bitter taste so you wont bite them. Force yourself to put it on so you dont run the risk of biting them. Before I knew about this, and I am sorry but I would like put tape over them or band aids or something to keep my from biting them so much.
put bandades on


or put fingernail polish usually when i put that on im afraid to bite mine cause its toxic
i know this sounds dumb but wear gloves in ur spare time u know when ur relaxing then u can't bite them. Soon u'll get used 2 it.
you can encourage growth by only ever filing your nails, never clipping as this will make them stronger. You can also buy products which taste really bad which you can paint onto your nails to stop you biting them
Paint ur nails 2 strengthen them.(even clear will work). then 2 stop biting them rub onion or garlic on them.
I have bitten my nails really bad my whole life! (I'm 28) I have tried everything (including the bad-tasting stuff), but the only thing that has worked for even a short time is painting my nails a dark color. Something about not being able to see the new white growth - I don't think about biting it off as much. If you find a wonder trick, let me know! :)
I chewed my nails for years (and would probably fall right back into the habit if I didn't watch out). Their are several products on the market that taste pretty bad and could help. Most look like a clear fingernail polish when they are on. Most drug stores carry these products. However, what worked best for me was getting a professional manicure which incorporated fake nails built-up over the top of mine. The stuff that is built on top of your nails (from a powder and a liquid that forms sort of a paste), makes your nail too thick to chew. This process required several months of regular (twice-monthly) manicures until my own pitiful nails grew out. Once they were nice and long, I had lost the chewing impulse. However, I really have to jump right on any rough nails--that is when I am most apt to get a chewing urge. If I don't have a nail file handy to smooth it out, I end up trying to do so with my teeth--and that NEVER works.





It also helps if you have an upcoming event for which you would like to have pretty nails.





My manicurist said that the best way to encourage nails to grow is to gently push back your cuticles.
you can buy something from boots or superdrug that is like a little tub with a sponge in, and you just stick ur finger in and twist. ur fingernail is then coated in a thin clear thing that tastes AWFUL when bitten/licked/tasted in any shape or form. its from the same brand that if you stick your finger in and twist, your nail varnish comes off.
Paint clearcoat on them... it tastes horrible and should stop you from biting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment