Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do you cut a 10month old baby's finger nails.?

How would you cut a baby's finger nail without cutting her skin. They are getting quite long and sometimes dirt gets lodged underneath. I want to cut them but I am afraid I will hurt her. I have been peeling off the nail in the bath but now she is so active she wont let me do it anymore. I am new to all this so please no rude answers.How do you cut a 10month old baby's finger nails.?















Feed her a nice warm bottle (or nurse) and then use baby nail scissors shortly after she falls asleep. If she's awake, then give her a small, very interesting object to hold in the other hand. If you use baby clippers then you won't give her more than a tiny nick if anything. It is scary the 1st few times but you'll get more confident as you practice. Just do it matter-of-factly and she won't be scare, either. Good luck!




















How do you cut a 10month old baby's finger nails.?
I usually do my 8 month olds when shes awake , but its much easier to do them when shes asleep.If your baby is awake just make sure you have a good hold on her so she doesn't move and if she does move you can kinda tell shes about to squirm.





You could try to sing to her or talk to her to distract her that usually works .I've never bit my babies nail off lol so Im not going to suggest that ,and Im actually scared of the baby scissors ,I prefer the nail clipper.
10 months??? or 10 weeks. any way.. i have a 6 month old and from day one i have used a baby scissors ( meant for cutting nails) i have never been able to use a nail clippers it scares me. but the scissors works wonderfully. you can see what your cutting and dont have to worry about getting the skin.. but the key is to do it while they are asleep. that way they are not moving around and you wont slip and cut them.. goodluck. ( im just surprised about the 10 months and that you made it that long without having to trim them.)
I bite them too. Believe me it's the best way. Just be careful when you do it not to leave any sharp bit on the edges otherwise she will scratch herself. It's strange I actually found out that if I don't cut them they will go soft and she won't hurt herself but everytime I cut them with scissors since they were shorter and harder she scratched her face all over. Anyway biting when baby is asleep is the best way.
do it when she's sleeping or you could distract her. cutting my sons nails is never fun and most of the time dad does it, but on those days when i do it, i usually get him a book and distract while i hurry and do it. it usually ends up being in stages so i'll cut a few in the morning a few in the afternoon and the following day until they are all gone.
The best time to do it is when they are sleeping. I know this sounds kinda gross but I use to bite the kids nails when they were that little lol. I did exactly what you are scared of once and her little finger bled like crazy. I never used baby nail clippers again.
I find it's best, my daughter's only 5 months old... But using the nail scissors not the clippers and doing it while she's asleep. The tough part is getting my daughter's toe nails. Her feet are so ticklish that any little touch she curls up her toes!!
the best way i found to do it was to bit them because my lil baby boy dont hold still for 2 sec soo i was always scared to use clipers because there so sharp so try bitting them it works best after a bath the nails are so much softer
I have to do my son's when he is asleep - and like dead asleep in the middle of the night LOL. That's the only way - although the biting someone else mentioned might work too when she's awake. They usually like it when Mommy nibbles their fingers. Good luck!
Baby clippers when she's asleep or use a fine nail file. It doesn't take long to file them down %26amp; then you'll have no worries about cutting her. But you have to be careful to not file them too low.
I wait til my son is asleep to give him his min manicure. I gently pull the skin away from the nail and use safety clippers (link below) to keep from nipping his skin.
As someone else said, bite them while she is sleeping, just make sure only the nail is between your teeth, which is pretty easy to do
I also used to bite my sons nails while he was sleeping, he wouldnt let me do it any other time, he was just too active!
wait until she's asleep. I cut my sons finger once with clippers but he barely noticed and went pack to sleeping. I know its so rough but it'll get easier.
I used safety baby clippers while mine was sleeping. I couldn't keep mine still when he was awake!
remove them with ur teeth. Bite them. Do that after giving a baby bath. Nails would be softer %26amp; easy to bite.
Use a pair of manicure scissors and do it while she is sleeping.
bite them or pick them yourself when she is feeding or sleeping...
bite them when she is sleeping.
wait till she is sleeping!
ive always bitten my babies finger nails while sleeping.. its just so much easier and safer

No comments:

Post a Comment