Thursday, January 21, 2010

What can I use to remove small paint splatters on wooden furniture, er, besides my finger nails?

... which work without scratching the furniture, but there's a bit too much of it. Even though I keep my nails workman blunt and short.





Serious question!What can I use to remove small paint splatters on wooden furniture, er, besides my finger nails?
If the paint is water based, you can use a wet rag and rub vigorously. If it's oil based paint, then you have to use your fingernail.What can I use to remove small paint splatters on wooden furniture, er, besides my finger nails?
Warm soapy water and some 00 grade wire wool from a B%26amp; Q warehouse ( check it is available first as it is more of a professional decorators item and may only be available on a big roll) damp the area with the soapy water and gently rub with the wire wool this should remove all the paint spatters try a small sample area first then polish dry with a soft cloth good luck
Take a cloth or a tissue and put a little bit of acetone or nail polish remover. BE VERY CAREFUL because you dont want to ruin the finish of the wood and gently rub at it. I'd use only a teeny little dab of acetone and just try to work the paint off.
I have often used a soft plastic scraper or even a credit card or rewards card. Just avoid using anything metal.
dab baby oil on to the sports of paint after 10 mins wipe off easy if no baby oil cooking oil will do the job as well

No comments:

Post a Comment