Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why are the layers of my finger nails chipping?

The tip of my nails looked a little white and then like a layer chipped off (of my real nail) Its not nail polish its my real nail! So now the parts chipped are weak and uneven. Almost every single one of my nails are like this, i want to get my nails painted but how if their ruined like this? Why are the layers of my finger nails chipping?
This has happened to me before and the problem is you may not be getting enough calcium, and yea calcium is only really said for making strong bones, but your nails need calcium too! So try drinking more milk, or if you lactose intolerant try drinking silk! Milk solved my problem and now my nails are diamond strength! My friend had the same problem but she was lactose intolerant so she drank silk and now her nails are fine too! But remember you have to drink milk every day if you want your nails to stay long and strong!Why are the layers of my finger nails chipping?
You need two things:


First buy a nail file that has a bunch of sides. Sometimes they are long, or fat (like the one here: http://www.trendyprincess.com/photogalle鈥?/a> ) and they coem in all different colors. Each side is usually labeled ';Step 1,'; ';Step 2,'; ETC. Use that- OFTEN





Second, you need Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Nail polish. Anything by Sally Hansen that says it with strengthen nails is good. You can even just use the clear one as a base, then use whatever you want on top





---


sorry, the link didn't work. Go to this site and look at the 7 way nail files. You can get them anywhere. Someitmes for like $1!





http://www.trendyprincess.com/nailfiles.鈥?/a>
well, if you put fake nails on (with super glue), then it does that to your nails. (the glue does). or if you even bite your nails, then itll REALLY badly do it to you too. and to fix em, just go to the place where you get your nails done, and have them give you a manicure and tell them to fix the look of your top layer of nails. hope i helped alot! lol. :]
Mine do this all the time. Just don't peel those layers off- I know it's tempting, but don't. If you need to get them painted put on a clear coat first and let it dry and then paint them and put the clear coat on again. This will make them stronger.
i have the same problem and my nails look pretty bad lol


but wut i usually do is cut them wait a while till they get a bit stonger and the paint them im pretty much guessing my nails r weak so i get nail polish that makes them stronger
My nails, and my girl's nails, have always done this.





Get some ';hair and nail'; vitamins from GNC (or Target)


Use a Sally Hansen type nail hardener. Don't grow them too long, and keep your emery board handy.





Take care.
Cut your nails and spread the nail polish (easy) or buy some fake nails and glue them down then paint or get a manicure. :-)
omg yes i nkow what ur going through its called nails peeling its because you dont have enough calcium i had such beautiful nails before i got this i am so devistated
omg i had the same problem ! it was a mix of not eating enouph protein, and using cheap polishes
my nails are like that too! =/


it's because your nails are very thin and if you let them grow they will break easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment