Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How do I strengthen my finger nails and help them grow faster?

My nails always seem so thin and break so easily, then they take awhile to grow back and never seem to get past a certain length...any advice??How do I strengthen my finger nails and help them grow faster?
I also use Nail Envy (by O.P.I.). Its amazing. My nails used to be so weak that i could just rip them off, and now they are hard and long.





You can get it at most beauty stores, or nail salons.How do I strengthen my finger nails and help them grow faster?
taking a multivitamin dedicated to hair, nails, and skin really works- even taking prenatal vitamins does amazing things for all of the above.





There are several products that help with strength, I would check a local beauty supply store and ask the clerk on what they recommend. Formaldehyde, while isn't a very good healthy thing to do, used to be used in strengthening polishes and it does work- but for health reasons I wouldn't recommend it. Hard as Nails is a good daily polish. It really does take time! Try daily vitamins for the healthy growth and you will be thrilled with the results.
There are a lot of nail strengtheners out there. Go to your local drug store and pick one up. I find that by painting my nails, my nails tend to grow longer and break less easily.
I used a product called Nail Envy and it works great. It's a nail hardener. As I recall I paid about $8-10 for it several years ago but it was well worth it! My nails always get to a certain length and then start breaking off. When I used Nail Envy on a regular basis (adding layers of polish) they grew and didn't break.
not fieling
I had nails that bent without breaking I used prenatal Vitamins they are not just for pregnant woman they have all the vitamins that your body needs, I tried eating jello some one told me that worked but it didn't. But the prenatal vitamins worked and they grew and so did my hair.
For starters, take a mutli-vitamin. It doesn't have to be a vitamin that is just for nails or prenatal (although you can get those), regular daily vitamins like One-a-Day or even Flinstones will work! Also, I would keep a clear coat of polish on them at all times like Sally Hansons' 'Hard As Nails', but even if you don't get a polish that is specifically for strengthening your fingernails, make sure you keep a clear coat of regular nail polish because this helps a lot too! Lastly, Vaseline has a lotion out called 'Healthy Hand %26amp; Nail' that I tried that actually helped a lot too! So, either of these techniques alone will help a lot, but if you do all three together I can almost guarantee you firm and strong nails!!! Good Luck!
Try Avon nail experts..it makes ur nails strong and makes them grow





http://www.youravon.com/spalazzolo
Take a multivitamin. This helps your nails from the inside.





Invest in a good quality clear nail polish and apply a coat every other day. After a week, take it off and reapply. Try OPI or a brand like that. They run about $10 a bottle but it's so worth it. Cheaper brands (like Sally Hansen) have formaldahyde in them, which weakens nails and causes them to chip, flake and split.





Also, if you know how to do french manicure (you can buy little sticker guides) it's great for protecting the tips of your nails. The extra layer of white polish keeps them stronger. Again, get a good brand and not a cheap one.





Never file or clip your nails when they're wet or right after a shower, and keep your hands and nail beds moisturized.
Try getting some more calcium in your diet. A calcium suplement taken once or twice a day will really do a lot. Also, keep them polished with a stregnthener such as Sally Hensen Hard as Nails or Nailtique. Keep one of the products on your nails at all times applying an additional coat every day and a fresh coat when it starts to peal. If you're going to use a color polish than use one of these as a base coat. Hope this helps.
HI!


As of right now, there are no real miracle applications to make this happen or we鈥檇 all be running around with three inch nails asking the guys to pick things up for us and open our soda cans. There are, however, a few ways you can build up the strength of your nails, get them to grow a bit and maybe keep them from splitting or breaking so easily.





One of the natural enemies of fingernails is water. Water softens up the fingernails and makes them prime target for disaster. Couple water with a vigorous activity such as cleaning, scrubbing, scraping, washing dishes, doing laundry, etc. and you may as well kiss your nails goodbye. When you clean, wear rubber gloves no matter what. Even if your task will only take a minute or two, don those gloves. Rubber gloves keep your nails dry and they also protect them from activities that normally cause nail breakage, like taking wet laundry from the washing machine.





At night, you can condition your nails while you sleep. Get some white cotton gloves and before you go to bed, slather on a generous amount of hand cream and put the gloves on over it. This well help condition your nails to make them more flexible and as an added bonus, your hands will be baby soft!
Sally Hansen makes this clear nail polish that will make your nails as hard as a rock (I can't think of the name right now, sorry) but itsa about 3 bucks at any drug store.





this may sound weird, but eating Jello worked for my mom-- and her nails were super long.

No comments:

Post a Comment