Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How can i restore my finger nails?

I paint my nails alot and they are starting to turn a yellowish color. What can i do to restore them to their natural color?How can i restore my finger nails?
This is what happens when you don't protect your nail bed with a base clear coat.


You can still wear nail polish, but you need to put on a clear base coat to keep your nails from staining.


The yellow will not go away. You need to let the nails grow out and cut off the yellow when you can.


But, like I said you can prevent the new growth from getting yellow by doing the clear coat, so you don't have to have stained yellow nails to look at. :)How can i restore my finger nails?
The polish is causing the nails to turn yellow. As the others have stated a good base coat will help with this for the future. Make sure the polish is a 'base' coat and not a base/top coat.





You can try to whiten your nails with one of the following:





1. lemon juice - soak your finger nails





2. denture tablets - dissolve and soak your finger nails





3. very lightly buff your nails. And I do mean lightly!!!! You do not want to thin the nail too much. Buff in one direction only. If you move from the top of nail to tip you will be going with the grain of nail and won't cause too much damage. Again very lightly with 600 wet/dry sand paper.
I kno it seems like a lot of fuss to use base coat all the time, but this one of the things it's meant to do ... protect your nails from staining and getting tinted like this.





Since you enjoy polish (and I do too) the best thing to do is recognize the use of base coat is what you've got to do and as ur nails grow out, they'll be better looking. Since there's no way to get the stain off your nails, and going ';plain'; for 4 - 6 months isn't ';necessary'; to get better nails ... just start using base coat on both fingers and toes.





It's really worth it to really minimize and staining, but the base coat also makes your nails have a smoother look.





O yeah ... u might want to make sure you use a non-acetone remover. I've always suspected some of what you've seen is caused by the acetone ... but I'm not too certain except to say the non-acetone stuff works for me.





I know you'll like it and that this will work for u.





btw ... OPI has the very best polish. Maybe its their brush ... idk ... theirs just works best %26amp; has great colors.
just stop painting it for awhile. Let them grow out. After a few months, you will notice the difference.
  • chap balm
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment