Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do you finger pick with finger tips or finger nails on guitar?

Please help I seen in one book picking with the finger nail and then in another they said to trim your finger nails really short so you can use the finger tips.Do you finger pick with finger tips or finger nails on guitar?
You'll tear up your fingernails grinding against the metal strings, but you could use fake nails. That seems to be growing in popularity.


You may tear up your skin, on the other (same) hand, though.





Fingertips give you more control of dynamics, in my experience.Do you finger pick with finger tips or finger nails on guitar?
Ive known people that have done both. Generally speaking, the harder the material you use to pluck the string (like fingernails or picks), the sharper the sound. The softer the material (like fingertips) the more dulled, softer the sound. I guess it just comes down to personal preference. I personally can't see growing out my fingernails simply to use for finger picking, it would seem too impractical in every other aspect of my life.
Finger tips..I can't play guitar at all with long finger nails...especially with the other hand that you use for the frets. I find the nails get in the way with both hands.
well you can do both really which ever is easier for you they are both acceptable,depends on player preference and style

No comments:

Post a Comment