Friday, January 15, 2010

What are some good ways to keep from biting my finger nails?

I have been biting my nails for almost 10 years now.I bite my nails down past the quick. I have both put nail polish and nail polish remover on my fingers, but it doesnt really bother me. I have a very bad habbit.What are some good ways to keep from biting my finger nails?
Ok...I have bitten my nails for about 23 years now...really bad...untill they bleed. I've tried everything--including those nailpolishes(they dont work. I found this product called ';Control-It';...it is the ONLY thing that I am completly disgusted by.


http://www.stopbitingnails.com/





It tastes HORRIABLE!!! It was about $25 for about a months supply----but it lasts WELL over a month. It comes in this little 1/4 oz. container...it looks small...but it goes a long way. It is like a balm-sort of--that you just dab on your nails. It is the only thing that has helped! My nails look amazing! After your nails start to heal, you'll notice that the skin below your cuticle is starting to get little peels--its natural..tis the skin reparing it self! It works so well--trust meWhat are some good ways to keep from biting my finger nails?
Ah, I was also a nail biter all my life and stopped not to long ago. To what everyone else said, none of that worked with me. Crayon and painting my nails didn't stop me, I was a nervous/bordom biter. What you really have to do is, as useless as it sounds, you just really have to believe you won't bite your nails. Like being on a diet, you just have to think 'No.' I do however agree with dipping you fingers in cleaning stuff, trust me, it burns and is bad. I got sparyed with glass cleaner in the face when I was younger. This probably doesn't help much but it that's how I stopped.
I am struggling with nailbiting too! I can remember getting my picture taken at Olan Mills when I was 6 and having the photographer tell me I had to hold my hands a certain way because my fingers looked ugly due to nailbiting. My smile was forced in the picture - I already felt ugly and self-conscious enough as it was. On a funny note, nowadays a photographer would be sued for saying that. (Actually, that's not funny at all, they have to make a living too). Anyway, I'm 29 now and I still bite them, as well as the cuticles and I pick/peel.





I'm doing three things to work on that:


a) a coworker and I have made a vow to flick eachother if we catch each other nailbiting


b) we also wear a rubber band on the wrist and snap it hard if we think about doing anything to our nails at all besides general grooming


c) We use nail files to file down rough edges (no, that's not helping with growing, but it is keeping us from having anything to bite on!), and cuticle cream to keep them soft and less-biteable.





I'm also getting fitted for a bite plate anyway for TMJ so I know I won't be doing it in my sleep. Unless i have to talk, I plan to wear it during the day, too.
Okay, so the other answers don't make since for everyday life. Soak your fingernails in acetone! It tastes horibble and it's not visible. Try dipping your fingertips in a cleaning solution, you dont want that in your mouth!Do this every day, sometimes a couple times a day until you have stopped biting your nails.





Hope this helps.
color underneath your fingernails with crayon,


paint your nails realllly goopy,


wear band aids over your fingers,


http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Biting-Your-鈥?/a>
put icky tasting stuff under your fingernails....if/when you have them. ;)





you won't want to put that in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment