Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Several of my finger nails have turned milky white well below the tips. It seems to be occurring more?

frequently as I age. I'm 62. In the past, taking some 'extra' vitamin A and D cleared it up. Lately though, it takes longer to change. Is there something else I can do or need to know?


Thanks for your help.Several of my finger nails have turned milky white well below the tips. It seems to be occurring more?
Nails that break easily or are discolored could signal a medical problem or be a sign that your body lacks essential vitamins and nutrients. Your nails could also be damaged by the kind of cleaning fluid you use, false fingernails, or even gardening without gloves.





The list below is meant as a guideline; only your doctor or health-care provider can make an accurate diagnosis.





What The Nail Looks Like - What It MIGHT Mean


Nail is white - Liver disease


Nail is half pink, half white - Kidney disease


Nail bed is red - Heart conditions


Yellowing and thickened nail that is slow-growing - Lung disease


Pale nail beds - Anemia


Yellowish nails with a slight blush about the base - Diabetes





Again, the list above are only possibilities, so please don't panic. It would be wise though to check with a physician...





Your condition may also be 'Leukonychia Totalis'


a whitening of the entire nail.


Please read the description by clicking the following link:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leukonychia





Best of luck! I'm hoping it still remains with vitamin deficiency...Several of my finger nails have turned milky white well below the tips. It seems to be occurring more?
Well when i had white lines appearing on my nails my mother(who is a doctor) told me i didn't have enough calcium inside me! So i drank more milk..





It did go away..





hope this helps : )





xxx
i get that and im 25, i call them clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment