Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How long can I have Gel overlays on my finger nails for?

I have been having gel overlays on my hands now for 2 months, and have the longest strongest nails in years. But I know if I was to have them removed my nails would just snap off, am I ok to keep the overlays up?How long can I have Gel overlays on my finger nails for?
I think the only things that would prevent you from continuing with gel overlays would be if you had a nail injury, if you became allergic to the components of the gel overlay, if you contracted a fungal infection under the gel, or if you couldn't afford them any longer. If you are getting the overlay done by someone you trust and they are using proper sanitation techniques, you shouldn't have a problem. Just keep monitoring for signs of possible infection, green or black discoloration under the overlay, but otherwise, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment