Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How do I stop bitting my finger nails?

Ok this is a nasty habit ever since I can remember so far as I know it's been at least 27 years now. It's just plain nasty and unattractive. Do anyone have any tipps?How do I stop bitting my finger nails?
(m)





Purchase a bitter-tasting formula made expressly to stop nail biting. Choose the worst-tasting solution you can find.





Wash hands every morning with soap and water and towel dry.


Apply a liberal amount of the solution to the nails, cuticles and surrounding skin.





Continue to reapply the solution throughout the day as it wears off.


Reapply the solution at bedtime. Make sure the bitter taste is always present on your nails.





Tips %26amp; Warnings


As nails begin to grow, coat them with a polish made for strengthening nails.


Get regular manicures to maintain nails.


Consider keeping gum or hard candy around for when you need a quick ';oral fix.';How do I stop bitting my finger nails?
welli bite my nails too and ive tried everything but for me the only thing that works is gettin acrylic nails when you now your gonna bite them get food or try to distract yourself by doing something else or putting a cream/liquid on your nails thats created to stop bitting your fingernails -hope that helps:)
My daughter used to do that. She used to paint her fingernails all bright different colors so that everytime she would bring them up to her mouth to bite them, she would remember not to......She has very nice fingernails now.....
I saw you answered a question on lupus. Not that it has anything to do with it but maybe your nails are soft and you just can't stand it! Right? I know the feeling. My nails were like that and I too would bite. Until I was diagnosed with lupus and started taking calcium now they're stronger and longer but I still want bite, but I'll just file them down. hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment