Monday, May 10, 2010

Should I be offended that people often mistake my real finger nails for acrylic?

I do take good care of my nails, and hey, they look good. But I often get comments on my fake nails, that aren't even fake. Makes me think maybe they are too long, too overdone, etc..





Would you be offended by such remarks?Should I be offended that people often mistake my real finger nails for acrylic?
You people are soooo jealous. ';Cut them, trim them, obviously there to long';, what a joke. Long nails are very sexy and look great on a womens hand. DON'T trim them at all. Anybody can have the boring short nail look but you have a gift of being able to grow your own nails long so take full advantage of this. Long artificial nails are good but long real are even better. You go girl!!!!!Should I be offended that people often mistake my real finger nails for acrylic?
Hi... No need to be... If you're one of the fortunate to be able to grow long and hard nails - good on you... I'm in a similar situation (I'm also male and a c/d - t/v) and mine are far too long for a male - 1/4'; inch each from the end , and when painted, people don't believe that they're actually ';my own';..


But please - the word FAKE has very bad images and connotations - the word FALSE is a bit more ';softer'; and doesn't create a big time bogus appearance.


Don't let people put you off, on things concerning your appearance, be it nails, make up, etc... Be yourself, and be proud of what you have and what you do..


Good luck


Regards,


Rachelle In High Heels



I would not be offended if someone said that. I would just look them in the eyes and say, Thank you, but there not fake, at the same time tapping your nails on the table and ask them to try and pull off the fake nails, if they don't believe you. If you believe they might be too long, why not head to your local manicurist and have them filed down a bit (or shortened) or just enjoy having long and strong beautiful fingernails, Nice job!
Offended that is a compliment!!!!! Fake nails if done correctly are supposed to look perfect so your nails must look really good. Don't put any emphasis on the length. If you can grow them really long think of it as an asset. Those comments are out of envy and jealousy. Long nails are very sexy and femine on a women. I wished more had them.
i would be flattered if someone thought my nails were pretty enough to be fake. keep taking good care of them and if you don't like what people say about them try a new shorter look. see if you like that for a while and if you don't you can always grow them out again.
No I wouldn't be offened because fake nails looks so perfect! But maybe make them a little shorter!








mine please


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I wouldn't be offended, but your nails are probably a bit long...
Nopee, I'd take that as a compliment :]





But if they comment on the length of your nails, then their probably too long.
they are too long obviously
if i were you i would trim them to make them look natural.
I would take it as a compliment, but that's just me :)
Thier just jealous..you very lucky!!


Keep filing them..
  • whiteheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment