Monday, May 10, 2010

I have a bad habbit. Biting my finger nails. Can anyone suggest anything to get rid of this habbit? ?

I have a bad habbit. Biting my finger nails. Can anyone suggest anything to get rid of this habbit? I am 28 years old now, yet couldn't get rid of this yet.I have a bad habbit. Biting my finger nails. Can anyone suggest anything to get rid of this habbit? ?
ya it happens to me too


bt it stoped now





u dont need to worry bout this!!


even sachin tendulkar does it some times





To stop it


just cut ur nails always with a nailcutter


always keep ur nails un grown





that should help u





or ealse see a doctorI have a bad habbit. Biting my finger nails. Can anyone suggest anything to get rid of this habbit? ?
http://tinyurl.com/nail-biting - Treat Nail Biting Fast





Nail biting is defined as a habitual practice in which people bite their fingernails or toenails. This practice is followed by the people when they are under stress, boredom, feel nervous, hunger or suffer from some mental disorder. Nail biting is a very common habit. I am sure that you have other friends who bite their nails too. Nail biting isn鈥檛 a physical problem but, a problem of the mind. Hypnosis can be performed at home through mp3鈥檚.





It has been shown to respond well to certain types of medication . The medications used to treat the problem include the newest, most potent anti-depressants . Nail biting is an extremely tough habit to break and treatment for it varies. One possible solution is identifying the reason for nail biting. Nail biting or onychophagia is a common response to stress, excitement, boredom, or inactivity that affects people of all ages. It is seen in about 50 percent of kids between the ages of 10 and 18 and in 23 percent of young adults aged 18 to 22.
First, determine what causes you to bite your nails, putting your hands around your face and especially putting your fingers in your mouth, you get lots of bacteria and germs and pick-up viruses.. are you sick alot? Well, one way would be wear gloves when possible, have signs around you ';Don't bite my nails'; where you can see them. Make a habit to never touch your face except when washing it or applying make-up if you wear any. There is a finger-nail paint for thumb- sucking for children, I am told it taste bad, so it might help. Good luck and concentrate on not biting the nail.
They have this bitter polish you can buy to put on your nails to deter you from it.





Or you can look at your fingernails under a microscope and realize how much bacteria and germs are under there on an average daily basis...stopped a girl in my college biology class cold turkey.
you can buy some nail polish from any drug store like walgreens or off any internet drug store but all it is, is a clear formula that when you put your fingers in your mouth, it will make them taste bitter and you won't put them in your mouth. It doesn't rub off on food while you are cooking, it doesn't come off with water either... there are many different brands... GOOD LUCK!!!
I have bitten my nails all my life sometimes so bad they bleed... ive tried most things to stop but they haven't worked. The only thing i found that works for me is to find something else to bite or chew on i use cotton buds(the plastic bit) %26gt;.%26lt; but be careful not to swallow them.. i haven't.. yet..
Some people paint there nails to stop them.





You can also rub dandelions on your nails so when you bite them it tastes disgusting.





Or most chemists do a clear nail coating type of thing, not certain on the name but it has a horrid taste when you bite your nails.





Good luck x
i know what ya mean i had same habit i stopped bitting for month now i just busied my self all the time with what ever there is or you can carry an elastic band with ya when you feel like biting play with elastic band.
try to stop little by little until it completely away!





Also if you stop cold then it takes on average about six months for a bad habit to be broken!
Try carrying a nail clipper on your person always. Putting it in the outer pocket of a handbag worked for me. Another tool I admire is using a nasty tasting hand sanitizer like Nyquil. Check it out. ;)
try not to bite your finger nails biting could cause the nails to shrink. try to do an actvity to get rid of the habit you are doing
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SAY GO OUT AND PICK UP A DOG TURD AND WRINK YOUR HANDS WITH IT, I SWEAR YOU WILL NEVER BITE THOSE NAILS AGAIN DUDE, BUT FATHER TED'S MATE CLEARLY HAD A SIMILAIR UPBRINGINGING LOL (JOKE)
Set yourself rewards and punishments for days you manage it, and days you don't. Or get some false nails put on and you can't bite them then!
I put clear nail varnish on my nails and bit the varnish off instead of biting my nails. It worked great for me.
i usually umm... put hot sauce on my fingers and if you like hot sauce then try putting a clear coat on you nails that helps me!
you could try coating your nails with vinegar or something else that goes not taste good on it's own.
Smear your hands with dog poo.
start smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment